Friday, May 9, 2014

My Interview.

         This weekend is Mother's Day, a weekend that most people enjoy celebrating. However, if you suffer from infertility, it is not that enjoyable.  I, myself do suffer from infertility, and  often I try to avoid this weekend by hiding out at home with sad movie ( that way I can blame the crying on Hallmark).   My husband and I have chosen to live child-free because of the cost of IVF treatment. Due to the damage that my  pituitary gland tumour caused, treatment for us would be much more then the usual 10-13K price tag.  


           A couple of weeks back I had a chance to share my infertility story with a local news station. The station  had hoped to air it this week, and well it aired tonight.  Couple looking to province for help funding fertility treatment | CTV Saskatoon News.  Can you tell that I have never done an interview before.  I was so nervous after  the interview was done,   I had a OMG  moment. Thankfully my Hun, support me and told me I did a good thing by sharing our story. 


           I am happy that I did the interview, we have never hide our infertility struggle, but now I am open to my whole city and a good part of the province.  I hope my story helps, infertility is a real medical condition that effect 1 in 6 Canadian couples.   I would give anything to have a child in my life to love and to  call my own, but that is not meant to be. This weekend I will not  be hiding, I will enjoy this weekend, well as much as you can when you have an econ exam on Wednesday.   If you suffer from infertility don't be a shame, it is a medical condition. This weekend I ask that you share your story with just one person.  You can do it, just think I just shared mine with 248,700 plus total strangers.  If we want people to understand what infertility is like and how it has effect our lives we need to speak out.  

My name is Debra and I suffer from Infertility and it sucks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment